A father is responsible for the emotional well-being of his child from the time they are born until they are graduated from high school or leave home for good. He shows concern for their happiness, helps them when they are worried or upset, comforts them when they are sad, and fulfill their emotional needs. The value of a father is unmatched in the life of every individual.
However, nothing is permanent in this world and everyone has to go one day or the other. But, it is important that we recognize the good things that a father has done for us and pay adequate respect and homage to him after he is gone.
When my father passed away unexpectedly, I didn’t know how to handle the process of grieving. I felt lost and confused and didn’t know if I wanted to spend the time with him or go off and do something productive. I wasn’t sure which option would protect me more—the time spent with him or my newfound independence. Eventually, I realized that it was time to pay tribute to him for all the happiness he gave us throughout his life.
I thought of some unique ideas to pay homage to my deceased father and summarised them in a list, and I would like to share those with you by means of this post.
- Celebrating my father’s birthday: Celebrating my father’s birthday is a time to pay tribute and thank him for the many gifts he had given me. It is also an opportunity to share the joy of a life lived well with others.
- Installed a bench at my father’s favourite park: My dad loved to take walks on the weekends and we would often meet at a park bench for lunch. I had no idea where to begin, so I hired a funeral parlor to help me plan. After installing the bench, as the months progress and the years pass by, my father’s memory will forever remain in my heart.
- Charity Drive for the Needy: My father always believed that raising awareness about hunger was more important than making money; and, today I realize that he was right! I organized a charity drive in my deceased father’s name and the money I raised helped to provide a meal to someone in need and provide shelter to the homeless.
- Popularised my Dad on Social Media: My dad always wanted to be famous; so, I tried a simple trick to at least make him popular on my social media pages on his anniversary. To make his death anniversary special, I posted his photos with customized online photo frames. I took the help of a free death anniversary photo editing online tool that created amazing photos of my dad along with stunning frames. If you too want to do the same for your father, there are many free death anniversary photo editing online tools and apps over the internet that you can use.
- Plant Saplings: My father was an outdoor enthusiast and a lover of trees. Before passing on, he was always in favor of planting more of them. I am proud to honor his memory by donating tree saplings in his name.